- Liaison between Operational Accounting Teams and Legal Entity Controllers, FP&A, Reporting
- Partnering with Finance Controllers
- Coordinate, manage and explain transactional outputs submitted by production teams
- Actively involvement in accounting projects to support departmental and business needs
- Review monthly ‘Controllers Package’ before delivery to Controllers
- Support process improvement efforts
- Collate information for auditors
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Financial Accounting/Finance Reporting/Controlling and/or other related fields
- Very good knowledge of accounting principles and practices (GL, AP, AR, financial statements)
- Working knowledge in area of IFRS, IAS
- General business acumen, awareness of financial requirements and best practices
- Good time management and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- A willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel and Outlook is necessary
- Advanced language skills: written and verbal in English. German, Polish or Italian would be an asset.
- Organization, interpersonal and analytical skills
- private medical care
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of professional training & courses
- life insurance
- flexible working time
- retirement pension plan
- extra leave
Your new team
Our team provides a wide range of complex accounting services. The team gives senior stakeholders financial tools and information they need to make effective analysis and transparent reporting.
Why this role is important for us
From Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger processes, controlling, analysis to reporting for multiple State Street Bank locations across the world help our business partners create more effective strategic solutions and act on revenue growth opportunities. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
Who we are looking for
An experienced accounting professional with proven expertise in General Ledger, Oversight and Control, who is able to closely collaborate with multiple stakeholder and business partners such as Controllers, Financial Analysts or Auditors.
A person with versatility, adaptability and the ability to pick up new skills quickly, and with an appetite to continuously learn and developing their skills.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers