Linux Application Support Engineer - What it’s about?
We are looking for a Linux Application Support Engineer with hands-on experience of Linux Operating Systems and associated technologies. You will be providing 2nd line support in a very dynamic business environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of highly skilled Linux freaks working on exciting projects and supporting a multitude of applications running on varied platforms and advanced technologies.
• provide second line technical support for Linux based server farms and clusters processing instant payment transactions, based on ITIL best practices.
• install and configure new systems
• integrate payment applications
• apply corrections based on Change Enablement process
• automate repetitive tasks via bash/Python/Ansible/XL Deploy
You will work with technologies like Linux, JBoss/Websphere/Weblogic, Activemq, openLDAP, MySQL, Oracle DB, F5 load balancer, ELK Stack, Zabbix in constantly evolving environment.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate would match the following requirements:
• advanced Linux based systems administration, debugging and performance tuning skills
• experience in supporting applications on large, high availability environments
• fluent communication in English.
• reliability and precision at work.
• team spirit.
• fundamentals of databases and SQL syntax knowledge
• experience in automating with Bash/Perl/Python/Ansible/XL Deploy
• experience in network administration
• experience with VMware virtualization
• experience in field of Jboss configuration and performance tuning
• experience in field of Activemq configuration
• experience in field of openLDAP integration
• experience in field of monitoring systems integration
• experience in OpenShift/Kubernetes and/or Docker